Earth Drawing For Kids: Your Simple Guide to Our Amazing Planet

Written By Lovely | Edited By Varsha & Adi | Updated on 21th May, 2024

Earth is the third planet from the Sun. It’s unique because it’s mostly covered in water—about 70%. That water fills oceans, rivers, lakes, and more. The remaining 30% is land, which includes forests, deserts, and mountains. Earth, our home planet, is usually the first thing kids learn to draw in any leading institute. It’s like a big circle. But Earth is more than just a shape. It’s where we live, with oceans and lands. There are tall mountains and deep oceans. Earth is amazing, even though it’s the first thing we draw. 

In this guide, we’ll take you through six simple steps to draw the Earth. Whether you’re a beginner or already have some drawing skills, let’s get started! And for more practice, be sure to check out our “Earth Drawing for Kids Worksheet” linked at the end of this blog for some extra fun. 

Quick Summary

Earth Drawing For Kids step by step –
  1. Basic List of Materials
  2. Step-by-Step Guide to Draw an Earth
  3. Final Touches
  4. Tips and Tricks to Draw
  5. Conclusion


1.  Basic List of Materials

  • Drawing Paper
  • Pencil
  • Eraser
  • Sharpener
  • Crayons or Coloured Pencils
  • Stable Drawing Surface

2. Step-by-Step Guide to Draw an Earth

Step 1: Drawing a Circle with Heart

Draw a circle to represent the Earth’s shape. This circle symbolises the planet’s roundness and how everything on Earth is connected.

Step 2: Drawing the Other Half

Choose a spot near the circle’s edge where you want the half circle to connect- it will be in curve shape. From there, draw a straight line outwards, then sketch a half circle shape that connects back to the full circle, creating one continuous shape. As shown in the picture above

Step 3: Connecting Earth Drawing

To join the half-circle to the main circle, draw two straight lines from the ends of the half-circle to the edge of the main circle.

Step 4: Adding Support

Afterward, draw a rectangle beneath the Earth, shaping it into a sturdy stand. Extend two straight lines from the centre of the rectangle, connecting them to the outer edge of the Earth. This will securely anchor the Earth, providing stability to your drawing, just like the example shown above.

Step 5: Drawing Our World

Draw the continents and oceans within the circle. Begin by sketching the outlines of the continents, such as North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Australia, and Antarctica. Then, add the oceans around the continents, including the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean, Southern Ocean, and Arctic Ocean.

Step 6: Adding Colour

Finally, add some colour to your Earth drawing. Colour the continents in various shades of green, brown, and yellow to represent land, and the oceans in shades of blue.

Final Touches

After colouring your Earth, look for any extra lines or marks and gently erase them. To make your drawing even better,you can also add some lighter blue and white to represent clouds and the Earth’s atmosphere. add other planets, stars, the Sun, and the Moon for a realistic touch.

Tips and Tricks to Draw

  • Start by warming up with simple exercises, like drawing straight lines and circles, to get your hand ready.
  • Use different shapes when drawing the Earth to make it look more natural.
  • Add stars and the Sun to make your drawing look more alive.
  • Colour your drawing using green and blue, the colours of Earth, and avoid using different colours.
  • Experiment with different techniques and tools, like shading and continuous strokes, to find what you like best.


Fantastic job! Your Earth drawing looks amazing! Now, share it with your family to impress them with your talent. Keep exploring your creativity and practising your drawing skills. Each drawing helps you improve and discover new techniques. For more fun practice, use the attached “Earth Drawing for Kids Worksheet.” Who knows what incredible artworks you’ll create next? Happy drawing!

Earth Drawing For Kids Worksheet

Varsha & Adi

Hi, we are Varsha and Adi, and we’re on a mission to help parents make the right choice for their kids’ education. Picking a school is like a 10-year commitment, and we realized parents needed clear, no-nonsense info. That’s why we created Candid Schools, where you can get the real deal on schools without the fancy jargon. Our goal is simple: to give parents the info they need to make the best choice for their little ones.

Related Posts